News & Events
- Getting to the Goal: Calling Bay County to Stop the Killing of Adoptable Shelter Animals. The goal is to have a No Kill Shelter in Bay County in which all adoptable animals are saved. Read a quick guide to the No Kill philosophy.
- Foster homes are needed for cats and kittens. Learn more.
- Low Cost Spay and Neuter Transport Available at Tractor Supply – September 4 and October 2. Learn more.
- Know someone with a pit bull or pit bull mix? If so, tell them that they can have their pit bull sterilized for $20 in August. Call the Humane Society of Bay County at (989) 397-5783 for details.
- Do you have a mother cat with kittens over two pounds? If so, you can have the mother cat "fixed" for $40 and each kitten for $10 (year-round). Call the Humane Society of Bay County at (989) 397-5783 for details.
- You shop. Amazon gives. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Humane Society of Bay County whenever you shop on AmazonSmile. Learn more.
- Vote Dr.Tina
Roegenbeck "America's Favorite Veterinarian!" Dr.
Tina, HSBC's 2013 Humanitarian of the Year, is one of 20 finalists chosen
from more than 700 nominations by an American Veterinary Medical
Foundation review panel. To vote for Dr. Tina, visit www.americasfavoriteveterinarian.org every
day until voting closes on Sept. 1 (one vote per day).
- HSBC Picnic, Bay County Fairgrounds – August 24
- Michigan No Kill Conference – September 4-5, Somerset Inn, Troy
· Making the Connection Between Domestic Violence and Animal Cruelty - a seminar led by experts from the Humane Society of United States, domestic violence service providers, and local legislators. Friday, October 10, 8 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at the Bay Arenac ISD Career Center. Read more.
- Annual Dinner – November 8
- Canines, Cats and Cupids annual fund raiser – February 14, 2015